Dr. Namyi Yu is a board certified Endocrinologist specializing in the treatment of diabetes and endocrine disorders. She is a medical specialist who is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. She has special interest in treatment of patients with diabetes -both Type I and Type 2 and obesity.
She graduated from MIT and completed medical school at the State University of New York- Syracuse in 2000. She completed her internal medicine residency training at the Montefiore Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Her Fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism was at the Yale-New Haven Hospital between 2003 and 2006. She then became the Director of Weight Management Program and attending physician at the Winthrop University Hospital -Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism till 2014 when she opened a private practice.
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Thyroid biopsy under ultrasound guidance
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring – glucose sensors
- Insulin Pump training
- Laboratory (bloodwork) drawing facility on the same floor
- ABI and Sudomotor testing
- Podiatrist on site with full podiatry services including foot exam and shoe fitting